Skocz do zawartości

Might and Magic IX - da rade na Win7?

Idź do rozwiązania Problem ogarnięty przez byzyl,

Próbował ktoś z Was odpalać tą grę pod Win7? (ustawianie zgodności nic nie daje ) Czy jedynie będzie działało pod Win XP i niżej? Fajnie by było uzyskać odpowiedź, bo straszny sentyment do tej gry posiadam :D

• Rozwiązanie

Hej wiem ze sa jakies tam problemy, ale znalazlem cos takiego :

M&M IX and Windows 7 (64-bit)

Calmer writes:

No more freezing at loading. No need for Admin rights or other compatibility options.
Solution is playing at window mode.

Just add "+windowed 1" parameter to starting icons command line.

Like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\3DO\Might and Magic IX\mm9.exe" "-GOGAME" +windowed 1

This may work also with Windows Vista.

no i spoko to dziala ale okienko w ktorym grasz jest malutkie, co moze nastreczac problemy, ale ludzie znalezli inne rozwiazanie:

You can skip the "windowed" mode if you set the compatibility of the actual "lithtech" application to administrator and windows 98 compatibility...

What actually works about the "windowed" fix is that it forces the actual engine application to run with the credentials of the window. You can do this manually on the lithtech.exe.

Jednakze pojawiaja sie problemy, znane ze starszych kompow gdzie mielismy slawetny przycisk turbo aby spowolnic gre:)

Rita writes:

The entire game goes haywire! Mouse controls are choppy, NPCs move at superhuman speeds, attacks and the clock are tenfolds faster, etc.
It seems that in windowed mode the game forgets to limit itself!

ale nie zawsze sie tak dzieje.

ale jest tez takie rozwiazanie ktore dziala na windows8 64 bit polaczenie pierwszego rozwiazania calmara i amiffooxa.

It works in Windows 8 as well! + fixes
04/07/2013, 04:44:37

amirfoox writes:

Calmer, I could kiss you right now, it works in Windows 8 64 bit as well!
For new guys who might stumble on this thread, edit the autoexec.cfg file and change the window size like so:

"ScreenWidth" "1920"
"ScreenHeight" "1080"

And in order to limit the gameplay itself, add the number 60 after the MaxFPS line in that same file:

"MaxFPS" "60"

It's far from perfect, there are black areas in the character screens as the game wasn't designed to work in that resolution of course, but the important thing is that it works.

Thanks guys, now I can finally play this horrible little game

Mam nadzieje ze pomoglo i bedzie smigalo jak zle :)

• Popieram 1
Gość